First Nations members in BC are living in third world conditions. We need to allow individual members of First Nations Communities a chance to escape from the continuous cycle of dependency and poverty.
- Allow First Nations members and governments to be self-sustaining by working towards ending all transfer payments from any level of government.
- Shift transfer payments initially into funding for training and development, and eventually remove transfer payments all together.
- Settle all land claims once and for all allowing First Nations a chance to develop self-supporting communities and industries.
- Ensure land claims provide adequate land and resources to allow remaining First Nations communities the ability to develop, without negatively impacting the rest of the Province’s population.
- Once First Nations develop their communities, they must become a true part of British Columbia, by contributing tax revenue to the province like all British Columbians.